Being Human

I actually watched this show on the SyFy Channel with no intentions of liking it, the premise just seemed stupid to me --- a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost, yes a ghost, share an apartment and despite two out of three of them being dead, try to live normal lives. So imagine my surprise when I not only LOVED it but caught the BBC version this week and LOVED IT TOO! 

Having two shows with the same characters is like visiting two parallel worlds and it's great fun. This is a dark world and the characters aren't exactly squeaky clean, but they care about each other and that is what humanizes them. I'm not a big fan of vampires, but I find myself fascinated by them in this world. I am also incredibly impressed with how death is the ever present fourth roommate, and one of our trio is either acting as its agent or fighting it off. The BBC seasons are short, we are talking 8 episodes, so I am curious how the American version is going to compensate for this story wise.  All I can say is watch BOTH versions of this great show, you'll be glad you did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment