Torchwood's Eve Myles Talks Gwen Cooper, 'Miracle Day,' John Barrowman and Seeing The "Bigger Picture"

Pop Confidential recently interviewed Eve Myles on her feelings about bringing Torchwood across The Pond.

PC: American audiences embraced Dr. Who and Torchwood long before the BBC partnered with Starz for Torchwood: Miracle Day, but this is the first installment in the mythology filmed and set largely outside of the U.K. How has that experience been for you as a Welsh actress and for the character of Gwen?

EM: For myself, I have a beautiful daughter of my own, a little baby, and a partner, who is also an actor and a dog. I have my own family. Taking off for Los Angeles was of course a dream come true; It was wonderful, but the reality and the actual nitty gritty of it was that my partner had to give up work for a year to look after our daughter, and my daughter had to do two long haul flights, and my dog…I had to set up home in a completely different country, which was very much like Ms. Gwen Cooper. It’s kind of strange how life imitates art sometimes, you know [Laughs]?  It was wonderful and given the chance, I’d go back and do it again in a heartbeat.

Read the rest there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment