Is the Reboot Really A Good Thing for Lois Lane

I've had a hard time warming up to the new Superman Universe now that's its been rebooted. I loved Clark/Superman, Kara/Supergirl, Connor/Superboy, and Lois Lane-Kent just the way they were, thank you very much. But I know that I am just one person and if the Superman Family was selling like it needed to the old status quo would still be in place. Business is business and Superman deserves to be a bestseller and his family, which in my opinion, is as compelling as Batman's family deserves to be uberpopular as well.  So I am not mad at DC for doing what it needed to do.

But, as a Lois and Clark marriage fan I am beyond sad that the marriage is over and the only story I want to read about that blonde boyfriend is him disappearing into the time stream. As a Lois/Clark rival reporters fan, I'm sad to see that relationship lost. As a Lois is Superman's biggest champion supporter... well you get the picture.

But just because I'm slow to warming up to the reboot, doesn't mean that others are. In fact, Comic Vine makes a very interesting argument that the reboot is the best thing that could have happened to Ms. Lane. What do you think? Is New Lois better than Original Receipe Lois?

0 comments:

Post a Comment