Once Upon a Time

Last night ABC's Once Upon a Time premiered and I loved it. The perfect blend of fantasy and mystery the show has a brilliant premise --- Snow White's evil stepmother puts a spell on the Enchanted Forest and all the fairytale characters are cursed with a fate worse than death --- exiled to Storybrooke, Maine with no remembrance of their happily ever after.

The story center's around Emma Frost, Snow White's daughter ,who was was sent to the real world as a baby right before the enchantment took place. Even though Emma has no memory of who she really is, she is destined to break the curse and reunite her family.

The romance between Snow White and Prince Charming is incredibly romantic and Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas have amazing chemistry as the star crossed lovers who are the main targets of The Evil Queen.

I love fairytales so I was excited for this show to premiere, but I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. I was pleasantly surprised that this show isn't about sword fights and magic but  about a family --- fractured by greed, jealousy and pain and destined to be reunited by love.

Most importantly, I found the character's "enchanted lives" and "real world" lives to both veryinteresting enough to watch.  "Grumpy" is an instant favorite in both worlds. It was an amazing first episode, but I have to wonder just how long a show with the premise can last. However, if they keep churning out episode's like this week's we'll all be feeling the magic for a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment