And So I Waited Sneak Peek --- Turn of the Di

Yes, I write fan fiction. My current story is in the Merlinverse. Surprise! Surprise!

Please enjoy this sneak peek at the next chapter of And So I Waited, a look at the infamous triangle from Lancelot's point of view.  You can read the first few chapters
here.


I knocked on her door when she opened it the breath got caught in my throat. She was so beautiful in her pink dress, her hair wild and full of flowers. I looked inside.
“I couldn’t help but notice that you are alone.”
She smiles. “Actually, I was expecting a guest.”
“Anyone I know?”
“I don’t know. “
“What does he look like?”
“He is old, very thin, his hair almost too thin.”
“Doesn’t sound familiar.”
‘Well. I don’t think he is coming.”
“And you made him dinner? That is not very gentlemen like.”
 “Well he is no gentlemen.”
“Since I am already here, maybe I can be his replacement.”
She looks me up and down. “I don’t see why not.”
She lets me in. She has decorated her table with flowers and I see two plates full of chicken.
“How can you afford this.”
“It is complements of The Lady Morgana. She likes you.”
“I am glad that she approves.”
I sit down and she puts a cup in front of me.
“It is really odd. You are all she can talk about lately and what a wonderful couple we would make. My Lady and I have always been close, but she is My Lady and we have never been too personal.”
Gwen was right, there was something about The Lady Morgana’s interest in them that he found unsettling.
 “And to say all the things she said about you in front of Arthur.”
I look up. “Why would it bother you that she is talking about me in front of Arthur?”
I wait with baited breath, wondering if her memories have begun to return.
“I just think it is inappropriate to talk about servant matters in front of the Prince, although…
“Although what?”
“I see a change in him. He is not the arrogant prat that I remember. There is softness and a caring. Do you know that he stood up for a peasant who could not pay his taxes and forced King Uther to back down. I was impressed and proud.
“Proud?”
“Yes, that he is Milord.”
I picked up my fork. I was tired of talking about Arthur.
“This food is delicious.”
“Thank you. I remembered from last time how much you loved my chicken, at least I can remember that. It is so good to see you. I can tell just by looking at you that the time way has been good for you.”
“In some ways it has been very good for me and in others….”
She put a piece of chicken in her mouth. “But you must have met people who you liked.”
“Yes, I did.” Elaine’s face flashed quickly before my eyes. “But no one who could ever make me forget about my time in Camelot.”
“Oh come on Lancelot. Are you telling me that you have not met somebody.”
I laughed. Can she be this blind? “As a matter of fact I have.”
“Oh.”
Her disappointment was evident and it warmed me. It made me feel that she was finally letting her guard down. I leaned forward. “You,” I said. “You are the one I met and the only one I ever want to meet.”
She blushed. “Lance.”
“Next time we will have deer.”
She laughed. “Deer?”
“Have you ever had it?”
“Not really. Once I did sneak a bit off of Morgana’s plate when I was in the kitchens.”
“And did you like it?”
“It was heavenly.”
“Well that settles it. We will have deer. I will catch it myself.”
“And how many paces does it take for you to kill a deer?”
“I am not sure but I will make it a point to count so that I can tell you.”
She reached for my cheek and stopped, a puzzled look was now on her face.
“What is it?”
“I don’t know, it’s just, there is something very familiar about all this.”
She looks back at the chicken and throws her fork down in disgust. “Why can’t I remember?”
I take her hand. “When the time is right you will remember. She squeezed my hand. I lean in for a kiss and I see the expectation in her eyes. She wants this moment, this intimacy, with me, as much as I do. The loud noise outside makes us both jump apart.
I see the swish of the blue cloak and I know exactly who are uninvited guest was.
“Do you see anyone?” she asks. I can hear the concern in her voice.
“No one.”
I close the door, aware that I had just told her another lie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment