Tron Legacy

Having never seen the original Tron I wasn't sure what to expect when I went to see Tron Legacy, I expected to be entertained, but I didn't expect to enjoy the movies as much as I did.

It's twenty-something years after the first Tron and computer genius Kevin Flynn has disappeared leaving his empire to his disinterested son who let's a bunch of money grubbing pricks run it. The pricks "greed is good" motto goes against Kevin Flynn's "free love, technology for all" motto and former Big Man on Top and Flynn best friend Alan, played by a still gorgeous Bruce Boxlietner, is suffering in silence over it. Alan gets a page, yes a page! from Kevin's old office and Sam goes to investigate and is sucked into the world of Tron where he must stop a megalomaniac program from trying to conquer "the real world."

I had no problem following the storyline, which was great and I actually found myself liking Sam Flynt from the beginning which was a plus because I wanted to follow his journey and I was rooting for him to reunite with his dad. I also was a big fan of the story itself. I also thought they did a good job establishing Sam as a fearless daredevil so his later antics in Tron seemed totally believable.

I find the concept of what it means to be alive fascinating and I think the religious overtones added a layer to the story that made it more than the average video game turned movie fare. I also liked the fact that what is happening in Tron is a hell built on good intentions. There is also some amusing computer generation that Jeff Bridges must have gotten a kick out of. While I didn't agree with way the movie wrapped up Sam's quasi love interest and Flynn protege Quorra's arc, I understand why they chose that route.This was an amazing movie to watch and did I mention that Bruce Boxlietner is still gorgeous?

Four Snaps Up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment